Yes, they are… Paleo.
I have made many a “paleo” thing calling itself waffles, but this one is the best. It has the right mouth feel, tastes the best and browns great.
What you’ll need:
A waffle iron – of course!
1/2c Almond Butter
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Almond meal
2 Tbsp Flax Seeds
3 medium Bananas (Apple Bananas are the best! What can I say, I’m in Hawaii!)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
Before you start… Turn on your Waffle iron! It should be on high, 8 out of 10.
1. Puree the bananas in a food processor or blender. I have a Ninja and that works great. You can do this by hand simply with a fork and some strong arms. You want to reach a full liquified state.
2. Next, combine the bananas, Almond Butter, Almond meal, and Flax seeds. Mix well.
3. Add the Coconut oil and mix thoroughly
4. In a separate bowl whip the eggs until nice and frothy. This is important. The air in the batter makes the waffles a bit fluffier.
5. Fold the eggs into the banana/ almond butter mixture. Don’t whip them in, just fold in until fully combined.
6. Brush the hot waffle iron with some coconut oil, grass fed butter or ghee. I prefer butter.
7. Pour the batter into your iron, and cook for 5-6 minutes. Test this for your iron, this is what works best on mine.
8. The waffles should come right out of the iron.
This should yield about 3 eight inch Belgian waffles.
Let me know how you like them…
I found some cool stuff here to help: